Monday, January 31, 2011

Yoked to Jesus

January 26th, 2010
His yoke is easy and his burden is light. I was amazed tonight how easy it is to bear the Lord’s burden, because He is doing the lifting, if we are walking in the same direction as Him! Tonight I was working in the harvest field, arriving at youth group feeling completely “on empty.” I was tempted to think for a second, “Boy, it would be nice to quit for a year – take a break, and get renewed.” But then God’s spirit led the whole time, and his spirit spoke the Danilo Montero song to my heart afterwards, while I was giving Lydia a bedtime bath, “Mi yugo es facil y ligera es mi carga. Ven a mi y te hare descansar.” Las mismas palabras de Jesus. Potentes. Absolutamente verdaderas. El cumplira su promesa.

No comments:

Thoughts and resources...