Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Matt's Musings - Entry II

The School of Obedience: Psalm 119:99-100
Psalm 119:99-100
A. I have more understanding that all my teachers, for Your testimonies are my mediation.
B. I understand more than the aged, because I have observed Your precepts.

Wisdom begins with God’s revelation – he initiated an invitation to look into his revelation.
Our place is obedience. This is one of the wonderful ways that spiritual growth takes place!
Should I pursue a seminary degree? I have often wondered this.
I really would love to go in the near future. I think I have not gone yet because I do not believe that a seminary degree would necessarily make me more fruitful in and of itself. There are other factors perhaps more important in the spiritual growth equation.
-obedience
-faithfulness in the small things
-pressing into who God is (Jn. 15)

We must remember that our walks with God began with his grace! Our response of obedience (bringing more grace) then cultivates the process of producing fruit. I have determined that seminary would be a wonderful thing, and I hope to go there! First, however, I want to prove myself faithful in being fruitful with what God has given me. Then I know that learning will explode when it is plugged into a life charged by His Spirit.

No comments:

Thoughts and resources...