Monday, June 2, 2008

The End In Sight!




Somehow I had come to believe that I would be in school forever. It gets to be a way of life and you find a way to fit in time to study and learn. I know now that I will be in school forever and by that I mean that the career I have chosen is one that I will be able to find something new to learn every single day. For now, I am finished. I have completed all my classes and will look forward to graduation on the 14th of June, 2008. I will take the NCLEX near the middle of July and am happy to say that I did well on my predictor exam that I took for Med Central. The orientation for my new job at Marion General Hospital will start the first week of August. I will be working nights on a post-surgical/pediatric unit from 7pm to 7am. Although these aren't my favorite hours, I am grateful to the Lord to have a job and glad to have the relative tranquility of nights to begin with. I wish I could somehow capture the miracle that I have lived in these past four years. When I began nursing school, I entered with a conviction that the Lord had called me to this. It is only by this calling that I have stayed and endured and gladly finished. He has given me everything I have needed. From quiet moments of focus to revelations of His creation. He has provided every penny that I needed and given me grace when I messed up a schedule or assignment. With a grateful heart and knowledge that without Him I am nothing and would have nothing, I AM DONE WITH NURSING SCHOOL!!!!!! YEA!

No comments:

Thoughts and resources...