Monday, June 2, 2008

Hispanic Retreat - May 2008





We had a really great time with our Hispanic friends at the Hispanic Retreat. It is a weekend long event with all of the Hispanic Mennonite Churches in Ohio. Matt and I helped out with the music and just enjoyed seeing friends that we had not seen for several weeks. After 4 years of serving at ICH in Hilliard, Ohio, we have officially stepped down from the leadership position there. Although it's been a rough transition, we feel that God has been calling us to allow others the blessing of serving in that and that He has been calling us to slow down a little and strive for excellence where we are. Being with the Hispanics this weekend opened my eyes to the realities that many of them face each day. There was a lot of talk about trials and fear as many of them face deportation or separation from their families. I cannot imagine living my life along and afraid to open the door. I don't know what the solution is, but I do know that I saw a piece from "their shoes" and it broke my heart.


Recently we have had a request to join a church-planting team in Mansfield, only a few miles from our house, among the Hispanics. We are seeking out the Lord's will and praying for His direction.

No comments:

Thoughts and resources...